Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Banana and Oats Muffins

12muffins just taken out from oven


Ingredients:
1.5 cups of Oats (I used Organic Rolled Oats)
1.5 cups of Self-Raising Flour
1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda (0r 2 teaspoon Baking Powder)
0.5 teaspoon Salt
2 Eggs
0.5 cup Brown Sugar (I used Organic Cane Sugar)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1/4 cup Milk
1/4 cup Corn / Olive Oil
2 Large Bananas, mashed

Methods:
1. Mix everything. The texture should not be too hard or too watery. Adjust accordingly with oats and milk. If it is too watery, add more oats; if it is too hard, add more milk.
2. Bake in muffin tray, cupcake paper cup or any type of small casings. I baked in muffin trays of 12muffins, which I put cupcake paper cups onto it.
3. Bake about 15mins in 220degree celcius.

I just love these Banana and Oats Muffins. The muffins do not taste too sweet as I used cane sugar instead of castor sugar. They are healthier as well as they contain very little oil and no butter at all, and also using Oats as the main ingredients.

Will try more baking in the future. :=)







No comments: